Today is International Dance Day !
So Dance and celebrate life with Shanti Home
Bay leaves – 2
Chili powder – 1/2
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Cummin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Egg plant (Brinjal) – 1 Large, [cubed into 1 inch pieces]
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Onions – 1 Large, (thinly sliced)
Tomatoes – 2 (diced)
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Salt – to taste
How to make Aubergine Masala in 10 steps
1. In a pan, heat the oil
2. Once the oil has heated, add cummin and bay leaves and fry them
3. After about 2 mins, add the thinly sliced onions and fry them well. The onions should change color; they should be golden-brown.
4. Once the onions are golden-brown, add ginger-garlic paste and fry it.
5. After 2-3 mins of frying, add tomatoes.
6. Once the tomatoes have broken down, add the egg plant cubes and fry it well in the oil and onions. Keep stirring so that the cubes fry well.
7. After about 5-7 mins, add the turmeric, chili powder and coriander powder.
8. Mix the masalas well. Now add the lemon juice and salt. Mix well and cook on high flame for about 8 mins, Keep on stirring well so that the cubes or the masala don’t burn.
9. Now add 1/4 cup water, mix well again, cover and keep on medium heat.
10. Once the steam starts to show up, you will know your Aubergine Masala is done!
Shanti Home gets featured in the Monsa, Barcelona
Event Details : Nature Morte is pleased to present ‘Avega – The Passion’ a solo exhibition of new works by the artist Pushpamala N.
Time : 6th April : 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
7th to 28th April : 10:00 am – 6:00 pm (Sunday Closed) – Exhibition on View
Place : Gallery Nature Morte, A-1, Neeti Bagh, New Delhi – 110049
Event Details: Chawla Art Gallery presents Annual Group Show
at Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre (IHC), Lodhi Road
Medium : Oil on canvas, Mixed media works, watercolors, Bronze sculptures, etc.
> 6th-10th April 2012
Time : 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Event Details : Indo Bangla Joint Celebrations to commemorate 150 years of Tagore birth anniversary.
7th April : Bangla Play “Muktodhara” by theatre from Bangladesh
Time : 6:30 pm
Contact : 033-23373463
Place : Kamani Auditorium, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, New Delhi-110001
Event Details : “Face to face. Encounters with diversity” Photography Exhibition by Martí Casas
at Instituto Cervantes, 48, Hanuman Road, Connaught Place (CP)
> upto 8th April 2012
The Rooftop Lantern at Shanti Home serves many delicacies.
A hot favorite is Fish Fingers, simple to make and good to eat !
Here’s the Recipe from Shanti Home’s kitchen.
You can make your own Tartar Sauce, too. Here’s how
— x —