Monthly Archives: March 2013
Recipe: Sufi Malpua
- 2 litres Milk
- 1/4 cup Maida
- 1/4 cup Suji
- Ghee for deep frying
- Boil the milk till it reduces to ½ its quantity.
- Roast suji till light brown.
- Add it to the milk, along with maida. There should be no lumps. It should be a smooth pouring consistency.
- Heat the ghee.
- Take the batter in a glass. Pour in circular movements into the ghee, to form a small pancake. Cook for a few seconds and then turn over.
- Take care that the pancake does not become crisp and hard.
- Make sugar syrup of 1 thread consistency. Dip the malpuas in the syrup and serve hot.
Have Fun !
Jahan-e-Khusrau is back with its 12th edition!
The three-day festival will take place at Arab ki Sarai, Humayun Tomb, starting March 1.
From Indian names to Pakistani singer Abida Parveen and Mercan Dede from Istanbul, the festival promises to enthral music connoisseurs by presenting some of the eminent Sufi artists from across the world.
Presented by Rumi Foundation and Delhi Government, and designed and directed by filmmaker-painter Muzaffar Ali, the annual festival showcases the best of Sufi singers, dancers and musicians.
Be there, and let us know your experiences!